What is Energy Star®?
ENERGY STAR® is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Why choose DMI ENERGY STAR® rated reflective metal roofing?
DMI ENERGY STAR® metal roof products reflect more of the sun's rays back into the atmosphere. This can lower roof surface temperature by up to 100°F, decreasing the amount of heat transferred into a building structure.
- DMI ENERGY STAR® pre-painted metal roof products can help reduce the amount of air conditioning needed in buildings, and can reduce peak cooling demand by 10-15 percent.
- DMI ENERGY STAR® pre-painted metal roofs can qualify for a 30% tax credit up to $1,500.00
- The roof must be expected to last a minimum 5 years.
- For tax purposes, receipts should be saved along with the Manufacturer's Certification Statement
- Manufacturer's Certification Statement is required
- Homeowner does not have to submit a copy with tax returns
- What DMI Metal Roof Products Meet ENERGY STAR® Qualifications
- DMI Metal Roofing products that meet the specifications listed below are ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Steep Slope roofs must have an initial solar reflectance of <= 0.25. After 3 years, the solar reflectance must be >= 0.15.
- Steep-Slope Roofs: Surfaces with a slope greater than 2:12 inches
- ALL DMI STANDARD STOCKING COLORS MEET THIS CRITERIA
- Low-Slope Roofs: Surfaces with a slope of 2:12 inches or less. (As defined in ASTM Standard E 1918-97)
- ONLY DMI STANDARD "WHITE" MEETS THIS CRITERIA