DynaClad® Ultra HT
Wind & Water Seal™
DynaClad® Ultra HT Wind & Water Seal™ is a self-adhering waterproofing underlayment composed of a non-slip, cross-laminated polymer film, laminated to a high temperature, aggressive rubberized asphalt adhesive. A protective split release liner is removed during installation. Ultra HT is engineered for use under metal roofing systems. Ultra HT adheres aggressively to most clean, dry substrates including Rigid Insulation, Plywood and Metal Deck with cover board. Prime masonry, OSB, exterior grade gypsum roofing products and aged metal surfaces as necessary to achieve good adhesion. Product self-seals around punctures such as screws and nails. This advanced system limits damage caused by water penetration or leaks. Ultra HT is ideal for secondary water resistance and prevents damage from ice dams and wind-driven rain.
Dimensional Metals, Inc. offers a wide range of innovative roofing and waterproofing products for the building industry. With more than 25 years of field experience, DMI products are engineered for superior performance and ease of installation.
DynaClad® Metal Roofing System Limited Warranty
Ultra HT Wind & Water Seal™ qualifies and is covered under DMI’s DynaClad® Metal Roofing System Limited Warranty.
For the most current Installation Instructions, Warranties, Technical Specifications and Approvals, visit www.dmimetals.com.
DOWNLOAD DYNACLAD® ULTRA HT CUT SHEET
Whole-roof underlayment for metal roofing. Use at eaves, valleys, rakes and around roof penetrations for protection against ice dams and wind-driven rain. For roof slopes less than 3:12 DMI Requires a full layer of Ultra HT on the entire field of the roof.
Ultra HT offers the contractor and property owner these extra features:
- Uniform thickness for dependable protection
- Self-seals around fasteners including screws and nails
- High elongation, flexible, accommodates expansion and contraction of the substrate
- Compatible with most construction sealants and primers
- Eliminates leaks – multiple layers of protection seals out water
- Rubberized asphalt won’t crack or dry – protects against ice, wind and rain • Aggressively adheres – sticks to plywood, metal and most other building materials for ease of application.
- Non-slip surface and overlap guide lines for easy installation
- White, heat reflective surfaces allows for adhesion directly to Extruded and Poly-Isosyanurate Insulation
- Surface must be clean, dry and free from oil
- Apply in clear, dry weather at 50°F or above
- Clean, dry wood and metal surfaces do not require priming
- Prime masonry, OSB, exterior grade gypsum roofing products and aged metal surfaces as necessary
- masonry must be fully cured
- Minimum 3” side laps and 6” end laps
- Apply uniform pressure with a 2 – 3” hand roller to the seams and overlaps
- Do not expose to direct sunlight for more than 90 days
- Do not install over solvent-based sealants unless fully cured
- active solvents may liquify bottom adhesive surface
- Installer is responsible for compatibility with caulks and sealants
- Material folded over a roof edge cannot be left exposed, fasten every 6” and cover
|Installation Temperature Range||50°F|
|Roll Length||67 ft|
|Carton Weight||52 lbs|
|Rolls per Carton||1|
|Area per Carton||200 sqft|
|Cartons per Pallet||30|
|Material Thickness||ASTM D 5147||45 Mils Nom.|
|Flexibility @ -20°F||ASTM D 1970||Pass|
|Vapor Permeance||ASTM E 96||<0.02|
|Nail Sealability||ASTM D 1970||Pass|
|Adhesion to Plywood @ 75°F||ASTM D 903/1970||>12 lbs/ft|
|Adhesion to Plywood @ 40°F||ASTM D 903/1970||>2 lbs/ft|
Results based on modified ASTM standards